clegg transportation services

Did You Know. . .

* Only someone who has obtained a permit from the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT) can move a manufactured home. Use of an unauthorized mover may jeopardize your ability to obtain an updated or revised Statement of Ownership and Location, and that may adversely impact your property tax liability. You may check on any mover's permit by calling TxDOT's Motor Carrier Division at 1-800-299-1700.

* Only an installer who is licensed by our department may install a manufactured home in Texas. Installers must be bonded, and installations must be warranted.

* Anyone may sell ONE manufactured home in a twelve month period; but to sell more than one, you must be licensed as a retailer by us AND sell only from the bonded location shown on your license.

* NEW manufactured homes must be warranted for at least one year to be free from defects in materials or workmanship. USED homes must come with a 60 day warranty that they are "habitable."

You can find more information on manufactured housing laws and rules at the Texas Department of Housing and Community Affairs website:

Important Consumer Information
brought to you by the
Texas Department of Housing
and Community Affairs


16304 Northwest Zac Lentz Parkway · Victoria, TX 77905 · (361) 578-0291 · FAX (361) 578-5908

Copyright 2000 Clegg Services, LTD.